Smoothies make great easy breakfasts for on the go, but sometimes they just don’t measure up. Like when its 10am and you’re hungry again and dreaming of lunch already or when its so full of fruit it would have been quicker to neck a juice.
This smoothie is different, it has enough protein to keep you satisfied for a long time, complex carbs in the form of banana and oats for energy and enough fibre from the flax to keep the blood sugar levels steady. You can mix up the fruit a little too, add in some blueberries or a little mango to keep it interesting. My favourite addition to make this the complete breakfast is to add a shot of coffee. Amazing.
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup ice
- 1 cup milk of choice (i like almond)
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (At the moment I use Nutra Organics)
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 3 tsp chia seed or flax seed
- 1 shot espresso coffee (optional, can also use instant)
- 3 tsp peanut butter
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put your smoothie in a travel flask or jar and go!