The ingredients sound a bit weird but it tastes awesome, promise.
Whats good: This brownie slice is high in protein and fibre thanks to the chickpeas, provides some extra vegetables in your day and contains less sugar and oil than regular slices.
- ¼ cup coconut (desiccated or shredded)
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup quality cocoa powder or cacao
- ¼ cup brown or raw sugar
- ¼ cup Natvia Stevia (or more brown sugar)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or other oil of choice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium beetroot ,grated
- 1 handful dark chocolate chips
- Place the oats and coconut in a food processor and blitz until a flour forms.
- Add remaining ingredients except for beetroot and chocolate and blitz again until smooth.
- Add beetroot and mix in by hand.
- Spread mix into a brownie tin or cake tine lined with baking paper. Smooth the top and sprinkle over the choc chips.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on your over or until just set in the middle. A little fudging is fine.