Citrus is great coming into winter, citrus fruit is in season and packed full of vitamin C – perfect for keeping away those winter sniffles.
Feel free to use what ever citrus fruit you have for this recipe.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seed
- 3 tbsp coconut (desiccated/shredded)
- 2 tbsp Natvia Stevia
- 1 tsp each of grated lemon, lime and orange zest
- 1½ cups milk of choice ( I use unsweetened almond or soy milk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sliced orange, to serve
- Combine all ingredients except for the baking powder in a bowl and leave to soak for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Once the oats have soaked, add the baking powder and mix well. Pour the mix into a baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes (depends on your oven) or until just set.
- Serve with sliced oranges.