Who doesn’t love dessert? and Pizza? This recipe has been in my head for a while, so excited it has finally made it to the blog. You’re going to love this healthier version full of fruit and some sneaky chocolate sauce.
Whats good: The sweet potato and buckwheat flour make a higher fibre and soft pizza crust thats also suitable for the coeliacs out there. Dark chocolate has been shown to have many benefits including its anti-oxidant properties, raspberries are also a great sauce of antioxidants and vitamin C.
- ½ cup milk (I use almond/soy)
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 medium-large sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup plus 1tbsp buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Natvia stevia
- 90g Dark chocolate
- 3tbsp milk, extra
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1.5 bananas, sliced
- ½ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Tbsp nut butter
- 1Tbsp chopped mint
- Mix together the ½ cup milk and ground flax. Leave to soak until thick.
- Bake, steam or microwave the sweet potato whole until cooked through, allow to cool, peel and mash. You will need 1 cup of cooked sweet potato.
- Combine sweet potato, milk and flax mix, flour, baking powder, olive oil and stevia until combined, it should be a thick paste.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spread the sweet potato mix evenly with a spatula over the baking paper into a circle shape, it should be about ½ cm thick or so.
- Bake at 180C for 15-25 minutes depending on your oven. The base should be set but will still be soft.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped chocolate with the extra milk in a small saucepan (or over a double boiler) over low heat until completely melted. Do not over heat. (you can also do this in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl, blitz for 20 seconds at a time, stirring before reheating, until melted - be careful easy to over heat). Allow to cool until thickened.
- Spread ½ the chocolate mix over the pizza base and top with ½ of the banana slices. Place back int the oven for 5-10 mins until heat through.
- Top with raspberries, extra banana, mint and drizzle over the nut butter. Serve with extra chocolate sauce if desired.
If you don't like your banana cooked, leave it off and add it all at the end (in which case only leave the pizza in for the extra 5 mins), personally i love having both the cooked and fresh banana.