Just a quick recipe that was too good not to share. This makes the perfect icy cold treat for those summer afternoons when you need something refreshing but also just a bit wholesome.
Whats good about it: cacao is a raw form of cocoa powder, it has really high levels of antioxidants and like cocoa it contains a small amount of caffeine which means its great to include in your afternoon pick me up. Hazelnuts are a good source of fibre, folate, vitamin E and monounsaturated fats, plus they provide an extra boost of protein that you may be needing to get you through to the evening meal.
- 1 large banana, frozen
- 1 large handful ice
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp raw cacao or quality cocoa powder
- 2 tsp stevia or sweetener of choice (add to taste)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Almond or soy milk
- granola and extra hazelnuts to serve (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add extra sweetener or milk if needed.
- pour into your favourite glass or jar and top with granola/nuts if desired