Peanut butter, chocolate, ice cream, cookies …. have I got your attention? Is your mouth watering yet? Good, because this crazily easy creation is as delicious as it sounds and is vegan friendly, dairy free with no added refined sugars.
You can use just about any kind of cookies in the middle, whatever suits your needs or you could use chopped nuts, choc chips or crumbled bliss balls instead, theres no limits. Also if you don’t like peanut butter feel free to use another nut butter, tahini or leave it out entirely.
Ready to give it a go?
- 6 bananas, frozen
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (or more if you like)
- 4-5 fresh dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- almond milk, to blend
- 3 small cookies (or anything you like)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- extra runny peanut butter, to drizzle
- extra cookies to decorate
- Chop frozen bananas into small pieces to make it easier to blend.
- In a food processor or high powered blender, blend up frozen banana pieces with peanut butter, dates vanilla extract and enough almond milk to get it blending.
- Once it's smooth, spoon half the mix into a loaf pan lined with grease proof paper and level it out.
- Crumble 2 chocolate cookies (use any you like, I made my own) over the top and press the chunks in as much as you can.
- Place in the freezer while you do the next step.
- With the remaining mix add in a large spoonful of cacao and blend again.
- Spoon this choc layer on top of the other layers and level the top.
- Freeze until solid then drizzle with some extra Pb, crumble over some more cookies and cut into slices.