Rooibos tea (or red tea) is originally from South Africa, it goes really well mixed with orange or vanilla flavours or as a base for a comforting cup of chai. as it’s caffeine free it makes a great bed time tea and is suitable for children.
I have used it here to make a quick and easy chia pudding (because I haven’t posted one of those in a while!) – all you need to do is make up your strong cup of tea then leave everything to soak. No cooking even involved.
- 1 heaped tsp rooibos tea or 1-2 teabags
- ⅔ cup hot water
- ⅓ cup soy milk
- 2.5 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tsp stevia (I use Natvia)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- yoghurt or coconut yoghurt to layer
- fresh fruit
- First, place your tea in a tea strainer (if using loose leaf) then pour over the boiling water. Leave to brew for 10-15minutes or so - it should look rather deep red and should have cooled down to be only warm.
- Remove the tea strainer/teabags from the tea then pour into a jar. Add in the chia seed, milk, stevia and vanilla and give it all a shake. Leave for 10 minutes then give a shake again. Let soak for another hour or overnight until thick and all the liquid has been absorbed by the chia seeds.
- Layer with yoghurt and fresh fruit then serve with a fresh cuppa rooibos. Enjoy x