The simplest and most delicious chia pudding that doesn’t actually contain any cream. This is a great chia pudding to start with if you have never had it before. All you have to do is soak the chia seeds in enough almond milk and let them do the rest of the work.
I love having chia pudding as an easy snack (take it with you in a jar if you need) or adding oats to it and serving with fruit and yoghurt for breakfast.
One of the most useful things about chia seeds is that they will increase in size 3-4 times when you soak them and will take on any flavours you mix them with (I’m often asked what chia seeds taste like, they don’t really have much flavour on their own). Once you have mastered the chia pudding you can start to experiment, I love adding mashed banana and almond butter to a basic chia pudding with a little bit of cinnamon or adding cacao powder and maple syrup for a chocolate version.
Keep scrolling down for more inspo for chia pudding ideas
Nutrition: chia seed is high in fibre, iron and omega 3 (reduces inflammation and reduces risk of heart disease) as well as calcium and protein. Not bad for a little seed.
- ¼ cup chia seed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 3 large strawberries, finely chopped
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp/sachets stevia (you can use any sweetener you like)
- Mix everything together well in a jar.
- Leave for 5 mins then stir again (this stops it from clumping, its easiest to make this in an old screw top jar and just give it a good shake)
- Leave for at least another 30mins/ overnight or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Top with extra berries and some crunchy almonds for the best snack
Chia pudding, the possibilities are endless
Vanilla chia pudding layered with crushed berries and raw chocolate avocado mousse
Chis pudding made with ready to drink coconut milk, layered with buckwheat, kiwi fruit and frozen mango blended with almond milk and lime.
Banana chia pudding (add mashed banana) layered with hulled tahini, banana slices, mango and coconut shavings.
Chia pudding with cinnamon and almond butter added, layered with soft cooked apple, buckwheat and tahini.