I always wanted to be able to make chocolate myself at home, imagine that, never running out of chocolate again! These raw chocolates are almost as good as the real thing (if not possibly better) and are perfect if you are a Pana chocolate lover like myself. Its expensive to buy the cacao butter but definitely worth it if you can afford to splurge (and ends up cheaper in the end than always buying raw Pana chocolate from the shops).
Nutrition: its made from raw cacao which is incredibly high in antioxidants plus this chocolate is so satisfying and rich you will be able to stop at just one.
- 50g coconut oil
- 50g cacao butter
- 2 heaped tbsp rice malt syrup
- few drops vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- ½ cup raw cacao powder, sifted
- Any extra flavours you like: eg. goji berries, flaked coconut, buckwheat, nuts, nut butter, raspberries...
- Gently melt the oil and cacao butter in a small saucepan - they shouldn't get hot, they have a low melting point.
- Take off heat and Whisk in remaining ingredients until thick and glossy.
- Alternatively, pour the melted oil into a small bottle blender with the other ingredients and blend until lovely and smooth.
- mix in anything extra you want to add and set into ice cube trays.
- For peanut butter cups, pour a few tsp chocolate into mini patty pans and place in freezer until set. top with ½ tsp peanut butter then cover with more choc. Freeze until set then peel off the patty pan.